2011 Resolutions

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

woohoo~ can't believe it but this is the first lab lesson that I actually enjoyed it =)

It might be a bit dry or gross for some but here it goes :

I get to study the development behavior of C.elegans ^^ ( transparent worm ) Throughout the 3 hours long lab, I got to observe the birth of the C.elegans whicd includes the laying of the eggs to hatching of the egg ( can to see the babies^^) haha.. I think I'm damn excited during the lesson, keeping telling angeline that we become grandparents and even go to the extent of naming the worms haha..

Another part of the lesson is to transfer a single female worm to another agar plate to culture it which is super straining on the eye =( cause we need to look at the microscope to find the worm and at the same time had to use a filter paper that act sort of like a tape to stick to the worm.. But I think once got the knack of picking the worms, it become easy =)

Fact 1 : Do you know that C.elegans female are hermaphrodite eg they have both eggs and sperms

Fact 2: A typical C.elegans have a lifespan of about 15days and to extend its lifespan, we just have to starve it and it will be able to live for 2 months but in the process it become thinner la.. haha..

shall stop here and back to manning booth ^^

PS Today my laptop will be deliver to my hall^^ yeah~~

No comments:

Post a Comment